Thursday, October 24, 2013

6 months old

Little Martina is not so little anymore and turned 6 months old yesterday!

Almost sitting up unaided she is a very active girl let me tell you. Our nanny is brilliant and I am really relaxed when Martina is with her. Though I leave very early in the morning, Mike tells me that she is arriving always a few minutes early, and when I go back home in the afternoon I get a full report of the day. She is sleeping quite well during the day and for the last three nights we have seen an improvement too! She is eating all that's given to her and she is still very happy to breast feed a few times a day/night.
Tomorrow is friday already and my first week in work has literally flown by. At this rate I'm afraid that if I close my eyes for two minutes I'll miss Christmas! One week down and 5 to go, I think the major difficulty I have is that my brain is not fully in gear yet (or I'm having early onset of dementia!) so I have to dedicate a little longer to review lecture material before going into a class and given that I teach 3 classes at different levels in different days and with complete different curriculum, I appreciate the quiet time in the morning before anyone comes into work.

4 comments:

Life Happens said...

Has it already been 6 months??!! Wow! She is just so adorable. I'm glad you are loving your nanny. Hope you have a fantastic weekend.

tireegal68 said...

Congratulations on six months with Martina! Sounds like the nanny is a great idea and working so well. You sound like an accomplished professional and are doing a great job of juggling everything. Hugs!

Mina said...

I am so happy for you that things are less rough than they could have been. Martina reminds me so much of Oliver, which is not surprising, since they are siblings, eh? :-)

Valery said...

that is such a cute picture! I mean, such a cute baby in your picture!! I still feel like my brain is not fully into gear, and expressing milk at work is always a hard reset for me.
No problems with storm where you are?
I'm staying inside today, it's scary outside.