Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The ultrasound

Things are progressing well! I went in for my follow up scan this morning (6w3d) half doubting that we would see much, we are at that borderline time with Deng being a frozen Penguin and all, that 6w3d could actually be 6 weeks only. In any case, the Fav Doc did the scan, things were definitely bigger and we could see the yolk sac and the little tadpole. She said "can you see the flicker?" mmhh not really. "Here it is!" and sure enough I could see a little flicker. She said her machine would not pick it up yet, but she measured the CRL which put the little one at 6w1d (perfectly within error) and she was delighted. I also found out that the Fav Doc runs now an early pregnancy clinic on tuesdays at my clinic, so she'll be happy to see me every week if I want to. And of course I do! I'll go back next week for a proper viability scan.
She also recommended getting in touch with the OB I want for the pregnancy. I thought it was a bit too soon, but she said it's no harm in getting in. The doctor that followed Oliver's pregnancy is actually retiring, so he's not taking on any more patients. My other excellent option was to go with the doctor that delivered Oliver and that I had named Dr. Wonderful. I called his secretary and the fact that I was a private patient with his colleague and then he delivered my first baby gave me a priority boarding pass. So we are on. First appointment on the 15th of October (Jeez...will I get that far?) I feel I'm rushing things a bit, but in the spirit of not waiting for the other shoe to fall, I'm just going to go with the flow.

This is today pic of Deng (surely we have to find a better name for this Penguin...)


And also just to remark that the intensity or fading of the control line on a FRER means nothing at all! 

9 comments:

St Elsewhere said...

Hi Deng!

Love the fact that you are getting on board with your favourite doctor...what is the EDD?

Wishing you all the very best for this pregnancy.

Hi Deng, again!

You can call Deng, Dr. Who...so that when he or she is born, he or she will tell you their actual name - I am not Dr. Who, I am Dr. ____. :-)))

TeeJay said...

What awesome news! I'm so happy for you! Who wouldn't want to go in every week for a check on things? Good for you!

Kim said...

Hooray for a great ultrasound! I like that you got priority pass to your OB :) It doesnt hurt to have all of your ducks in a row. :)

HopeBPatient said...

oh Fran! Such good news! I've been wanting to write this comment for a while now (and started to on your last post, but I think I never hit 'publish') but have been not wanting to jinx things (for me, not sure I could jinx things for you! :-) But, it's exciting to be just a few weeks ahead of you with our pregnancies. I don't know if you remember, but when you got pregnant with Oliver, I was also pregnant with what turned out to be our Trisomy 18 baby. I remember being excited those first few weeks that I had found another blogger with a similar due date. And then it ended for me. And ended gloriously for you! :-) And, ultimately, I got my first baby too. And now we're going through this together again!

Keeping all fingers and toes crossed for both of us!

Momasita said...

Fran! I am so happy to read your update and see your little deng! You sound so kuc more even keeled with this pregnancy and accepting of things going well. I really hope you enjoy a happy and healthy prgenancy. Hugs from across the pond.

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

Oh Fran, I was terribly behind in my blog reading so I got the pleasure of seeing Deng's whole journey from FET to now totally compressed in one sitting. I was spared all of the suspense and jumped straight to HOOOORAY!

Mina said...

Such exciting times! It is so good to hear good news. And now, since I am done with making babies, I find it so emotional following your pregnacy. Thank you for sharing it all with us. :-)
I hope you can post more pictures. :-)

Photogrl said...

Woo-hoo! Congratulations, Fran!

I'm trying to catch up with my IF girls, and was delighted to read this news!

I'm SO happy for you!

Alex said...

Oh my goodness, I'm so happy for you! I love HopeBPatient's comment - I remember that time for all of us!!! :) Amazing how things change, and how we're still all bloggy friends.