Saturday, August 25, 2012

5 weeks

I will have a scan next tuesday at 5w3d at my clinic. The Fav Doctor estimated that by then my HCG should be over 1600 considering a doubling time of 48 hours.

This morning I tested again, the clinic actually suggests you test every week till the viability scan. The line is darker but not as dark as I had at the same time with Oliver. So I am now not feeling that great about this anymore.
You know the way on a FRER the control line tends to fade as the test line becomes so much stronger? Mine is still not that different.


This is the comparison with the exact same test I had with Oliver at 5 weeks.


I just want to curl up in ball. Today it's raining here, perfect day to feel sorry for myself. Maybe I should call the clinic and go for another blood test today? I am in no pain, which is good, maybe it's not ectopic and maybe it's just the pregnancy arresting. I have of course already looked at the library of pics on fertility friends and all of them show the control line fading with respect to the control, so I don't think I have much hope.


6 comments:

Dawn said...

I think the line looks like it is darker than the control in the photo. I've never taken one at 5w so I don't have a comparison. Good luck!

:- ) said...

I think all is well. Trust God and don't stress! Enjoy ever second. Let yourself be happy.

TeeJay said...

I think the test line is darker than the control line. It looks like a really good line to me. Try not to read too much into the color because that 2nd line rocks. Keeping my fingers crossed for you and keeping up the hope for you, too.

Dee said...

Dont be silly! The control line is lighter in both photos! I think that all is fine but I understand the paranoia! Bottom line is you have 2 lines on a pregnancy test! Dont over-analyse the colour, the manufacturers dont use the same amount of dye anyways in each test so the comparison is not really accurate.

Anonymous said...

Many, many, congratulations! I was a bit busy the past week or 2 and missed your big announcement. I am so thrilled you got the positive test, and I'm sure everything is right on track! I am so very happy for you, my friend! Hugs to you and your family.

jill's infertility document said...

The 5th week always seems to be the hardest. You are in my thoughts, dear friend.