Monday, September 7, 2009

Going up

Well who would have guessed...the HCG is not falling at all but climbing nicely.
I actually had the numbers wrong on friday, it wasn't 864 but 885 and two days later is 967. So what this means is that something has been left behind during the surgery and keps growing. We are talking cells here, not an embryo of course.
So I'm waiting now for the doctor to call back. I called the hospital at around 3pm and was told "of course you'll be called back, probably your tests aren't back yet". I call again at 5.30 pm I had heard nothing. After an a nurse or two who kept telling me it was late and that there was nothing they coudl do until tomorrow morning, finally I was put through to the Gyn ward and the nurse there must have remembered my name or something. Anyway, she looked up my chart and told me that in fact my numbers were going in the wrong direction and that she would try to put me through to a doctor. This doctor happened to be the same who spoke with me on friday, she couldn't believe I didn't get called today (ah well) and that she would look at my chart and get back to me with a plan.
So here I am waiting again. I guess the plan would be the get a methotraxate injection and keep the HCG under close monitoring and if that's the case I want to get it done yesterday.
I'll update you as soon as I have news, sorry for not having posted much on your blogs lately.

7 comments:

Best When Used By said...

You have had to endure so much...and now this. After the doctor assured you that they "got everything" you now find out that, no, they did not. I'm so sorry the wait continues. And that you never seem to be able to get a straight answer from anyone unless you beat down their door. This is so frustrating.

Michele said...

This sucks. As though it isnt bad enough what has happened, then you have to go through this too. I am so sorry. You are handling this with such grace. Sending you big hugs...

Petrucia said...

Fran, please, don't even apologize. You are dealing with a lot of stress and you have to take time for yourself. I'm sorry the numbers keep climbing, and that they are taking such a long time to get back to you from the hospital. Sending you energy for this to be resolved soon.

Momasita said...

Geez, it feels like you can't get a break. Sorry the numbers are going in the wrong direction. So frustrating! Hope the dr. gets back to soon with a plan.

K said...

Wow, what a strange and difficult process. As if you haven't already had your share! Hope you have a resolution soon and can get back on your way to better things!

Flower said...

I am so sorry you have to go through more stress and pain. Many big hugs to you.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about this. Thinking of you.