Monday, August 10, 2009

Dreams

Your comments were so encouraging, I actually felt much better. Thank you all for being so kind and supporting, I know it seems like I'm worrying too much, but with the previous experience it's really not easy to just relax and enjoy. Spotting is gone for the moment in any case.

Beta is tomorrow and I just want to believe it'll be ok.

Yesterday I called the clinic, the after hours number as they are not open at weekends. First of all it was my official testing day so I thought, what the hell, might as well see what they think about the spotting...but..I got connected to the doctor that did my blood test on friday! So all my plans went a bit out the window! I told her I repeated the test and that it looked stronger, but that the spotting was really doing my head in...that I never spotted before and could it be the progesterone not enough? She actually said that I may be spotting for the very good reason that THIS time I am pregnant "properly"! Lovely isn't she? Absolutely my favourite doctor! Because I have tons of PIO at home that I could feed an army, I suggested to go back and use them, she agreed and so my current therapy has changed to cyclo.gest 400 twice a day (morning and afternoon) and PIO in the evening. Last night we did the first one and of course I didn't quite remember that they are not that fun! But sure it'll be worth it, I hope!
I do feel very tired and I think some other symptom is kicking in...like a very acute sense of smell!

Finally, I had such a sweet dream last night I thought I'll share it. I dreamt of a very very small baby (apparently the son of a very old friend of mine who I haven't seen in years and as far as I know has no children at all) who was giving me small kisses on the nose! And in the dream I was saying to this friend that I was pregnant and that I would hope my child would be just as cute. Sure, dreams may mean nothing but when they are bad you do wake up with an odd feeling, this one was a good one, let's hope it does mean something!

7 comments:

Flower said...

Your child will be cuter...Only one more day. The waiting sucks.

BB said...

I am confident that you are going to see a big rise in your beta tomorrow. And yes, your baby is going to be more cuter and adorable than your friends! Lots of warm Hugs!

Mad Hatter said...

Love your doctor and your dream! Jung dream theory states that we really dream about parts of ourselves. I think that small baby planting kisses on your nose is one part of you telling the other part of you that the little baby inside you is just fine, and you can listen to your nose and its new acute sense of smell to tell you so! XO

Tina said...

I am feeling that you will see a HUGE rise tomorrow in your numbers! I will be thinking of you - I know how anxious I was at my last beta!

Clare said...

Love the dream! I have a very good feeling about this!! Fingers crossed for high beta tomorrow!

Best When Used By said...

What a precious little dream! And I like Mad Hatter's interpretation. "Tomorrow" for you is just a few hours away as it is 7:30 Monday night here. So as I go to bed tonight I will be thinking of you and praying for a nice big beta. I'm so glad you have such a nice doc taking care of you. Good luck!

Cathy said...

What a WONDERFUL dream! And, hey, if the PIO shots give you extra peace of mind, it's well worth it! Let's go Tuesday!! Still praying my heart out!