Saturday, June 13, 2009

Chicken Soup for the Soul

Thank you so much for your comments on my post yesterday, I feel much better today. I spent the afternoon with a friend who's having serious problems in her relationship and it's always so difficult to give advices...what may be right for you could be completely wrong for someone else. But in her specific case, it is so obvious that at the moment she is so "unstable" that any decision she'll be making in the next few weeks will definitely be irrational.

So, while we were wandering in the various shops of our local shopping centre, enjoying a milkshake and taking advantage of the great offers that never seem to end, I popped into a bookshop and picked up this book that everyone seems to have read already a part from me.

I want to try a different approach for my coming cycle, I got tired of doing acupuncture, and also once a week at 60 euro a pop for nearly a year is some investment!

So I decided I want to try some meditation, positive thinking and of course listening to the ever calming Zita West during the 2ww as well as some positive reading.


I know they have published every sort of book in the "Chicken Soup for the Soul" collection, honestly...there's even one about pets, or cars, or cancer, or twins and triplets (!!) you name it. There isn't one about infertility though. I wonder why. Maybe there's no chicken soup that would work? Oh come on, give us a chance!


I haven't started the book yet so I've no idea if it's one of those overrated books which is actually quite shallow, but if it isn't or if I find it makes me feel good I will be happy to start a specific collection of stories for our very own rollercoaster...

And with all this chicken soup talk, I going to make myself noodles now!

2 comments:

Momasita said...

I haven't read that book either. Give us a review when you're done!

Clare said...

Sorry to hear you had a bad day. I hope you feel better now and you find some words of wisdom in your book. There absolutely should be one for iF - I know i would read it!